All year you’ve probably been bombarding your clients and potential clients with e-mails telling them how your particular expertise will earn them a lot of cash and make their life easier. While this may be true, your clients need a break. They’d like to get something.
Makes sense, since this is the season of gift giving. You must have something you can give a client free that would help them. You can send them a non-selling e-mail with something interesting about the holidays – a little bit of trivia such as “did you know that in some European countries gift are exchanged on Christmas Eve not Christmas Day”- and one of these:
- a little card with 7 proven steps to better marketing,
- the benefits of raising their prices versus discounting
- an e-book on your expertise
- a list of books that they might find useful in their business
- an offer to review three things that they feel would help them grow their business
- a link to a video on doing their own copywriting
Imagine how your e-mail recipients will feel when they get a gift from you and not a sales pitch. They will remember that next time you pitch them and the law of reciprocity may kick in and they may buy something from you.
Go ahead. Give it a try. You’ve very little to lose and a lot to gain.
You may have heard the BNI saying, “Givers Gain.” See if it’s true.